How do I know if I have GERD?

If you suffer from bothersome heartburn regularly, you should consult a physician. Your physician may recommend an endoscopy (to identify signs of esophageal damage), pH-metry (to test the amount of acid in your esophagus over a period of 24-48 hours), or manometry (to test esophageal sphincter pressure). You may be asked to record what foods and activities trigger symptoms.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.